Practical, targeted training options for agricultural employers, employees, associations and educators.
The AgriSkills Program offers practical, targeted training options that address agriculture's biggest workforce challenges and support the development of a productive, profitable business.
Through a range of resources, including workshops, webinars, videos, e-learning, curriculum and on-the-job training, AgriSkills provides:
- HR tools and training for farm supervisors and managers
- On-the-job training and self-guided e-learning for workers
- Training for supervisors who manage foreign workers
- Tracking tools to ensure workers have the skills they need
- Customized training for specific commodities or industry challenges
The On-the-job training (OJT) video and mobile apps were designed to help employers in the ornamental sector train new workers in a consistent and effective way.
This ten minute OJT video describes how employers can use the Job Instruction Method to train new or inexperienced workers to perform new skills while meeting or exceeding safety, quality and productivity standards. The materials are simple in design, practical to use and provides employers with a safe and standardized approach to training.
OJT Reference Guide
The On-the-job training (OJT) Reference Guide was designed to help employers in the ornamental sector train new workers in a consistent and effective way.The Reference Guide is simple in design, practical to use and provides employers with a safe and standardized approach to training.
The OJT Reference Guide consists of two booklets:
- Install and Maintain Hardscape
- Install and Maintain Softscape, as well as four Job Instruction cards.